Sunday, October 4, 2009

coolness in the boys bathroom





Since the girls have their own homes now and I have boys only living here, I decided we needed to do something different with their bathroom. I like the wallpaper. The rugs are ok. But it just needed some coolness. We needed to make it more manly. I saw in a magazine where they had made a toilet paper holder out of a pipe wrench. And I saw where they made a towel hanger thing out of faucets. So... I went looking. It was so weird, the first yard sale I went to with this mission in mind had two pipe wrenches and four faucets. It was like they fell out of the sky. So I grabbed them up and took them home. Then I had to figure out how to put it all together. Uncle Charlie said I needed a flange. I never heard of a flange. Now I know what one is. I got five. One for the toilet paper holder and one for each faucet. Cody welded the pipe wrench to the pipe. Then we screwed the pipe to the flange. Then we screwed the flange to the board and then we screwed the board to the wall. Cool, huh?





We did the same thing for the faucets. We screwed them to the flange and then to the board and finially to the wall. I like this. The boys think it is awesome.







We even have a pickup truck on the counter to hold toothbrushes. No more sissy bathroom at this house.


It's funny when I go to the hardware store in town and ask for something like a flange. They look at me and smile. They wonder what is she up to this time? I just smile back and say thanks.

4 comments:

BittersweetPunkin said...

What wonderful ideas, they look great. I love things that are unexpected like that!

Hope you are doing well,
Robin

Teresa Is Awesome! said...

You come up with the coolest ideas!
I think Dixie is so cute.

Miss Mindy said...

You are too cool! I love what you've done with my bathroom. Can't wait to see what you come up with for my old room Jesse's room! From kitties to neon green and purple daisies to pottery barn/boy stuff! LOVE IT! Can I move back in and make a girlie bathroom!?

KimB7828 said...

So Cute!! I need to come to your house for decorating ideas!!