Monday, February 28, 2011

ground hog


Somebody needs to shoot that stupid groundhog in Pennsylvania. He didn't see his shadow and what I heard is that's supposed to mean "SPRING." Last week we had two snow days and school was cancelled. At my house we had 4 to 5 inches of snow. Then last night we had crazy wind and rain. And today it snowed and rained and snowed and rained. The weather man says that we are supposed to get a lot more wind and snow this week. Well, I have spring fever. I want to fertilize my yard. I want to mow my yard every other day and make straight lines in the grass. I want warm sunshine. I want to hear the frogs at night. I want to get out of the house and quit eating cookies and pies and home made bread. I want to put my muck boots away and get out my flipflops. The camelia's and daphne and daffodills are blooming. It's just wrong to have to shovel the sidewalk and take warm water out to unthaw the water for the chickens. The days are getting a little longer. Baseball is starting and they have swim suits out for sale at Costco. BRING ON THE SUNSHINE.

1 comment:

Teresa Is Awesome! said...

I agree. Bring on the sunshine and the 90 degree days.