Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Happy Ever After


Love is as much of an object as an obsession. Everybody wants it, everybody seeks it, but few ever achieve it. Those who do will cherish it, be lost in it , and among all, never...never forget it. Curtis Judalet


Summer is the wedding season and we have been to four weddings already. We are invited to five more AND we are planning one of our own for Mindy. There is so much planning and scheduling to do. Each wedding is beautiful with every little thing thought of. Some are elegant. Others are romantic/country. Some are trendy. Mindy's will be a little vintage.

This got me thinking of my own wedding. Jay and I were engaged on Labor Day 1978. We were married only three months later on November 25th. My mom made my dress. A friend of Jay's mom arranged the flowers. Another family friend made the wedding cake. There wasn't alot of details. All I know is that I was getting married to my best friend. We were really young and in love. That was almost 30 years ago. We had so much fun and so much adventure ahead of us. There was a couple of years with just the two of us before we had kids. In those 30 years we have done so much. It was never boring. I never wished anything was different. I enjoyed every minute of it.

What I am trying to say is that so many times you put so much into every detail of your wedding and not enough into your life together. Just think how great your marriage would be if you wanted every day to be special. Being married should be as important as getting married. Of course, your wedding day should be perfect and you should be a princess. But remember it's your life together that is important and it should turn out happily ever after.

3 comments:

the said...

Pam ~
Thank you for the reminder of how precious life and marriage is. I know its only been a few months, but you amaze me with your strength and courage to carry on. You all do it with such grace and dignity.
Mindy's wedding will be beautiful not only with decor & style but with the love her and Louis have for eachother. Mindy has had the best role models in her life, she too will have an awesome marriage.Im sure Jay will have his way of being a part of the ceremony too , his love is still present!
Thank you for letting us be a part of your lives as friends. You teach all of us so much.
God will keep blessing you all everyday,
Stephanie

~Kelly~ said...

Pam~
Oh my wedding was the best day of my life. I did in fact know I was marrying my best friend, soul mate. We have been together for ten years and when I walked up to him on our "first look"...I had butterflies. It was amazing!

I am so happy you had 30 wonderful loving years with Jay. You two were best friends, and you could tell that the minute you walked into the room. You two are adorable, and the perfect combination of friendship and love. I hope Ross and I can follow in your steps. Thank you for being there to celebrate with me, and I look forward to celebrating with you and Mindy!
-Kelly Starbuck :)~ (Moran)

BittersweetPunkin said...

I couldn't agree with you more...my wedding was very simple and very very small. My brother made my cake and my reception was at my MIL's house. I would've eloped if I could..LOL.

Whenever I see that show Bridezillas...it makes me want to laugh..very materialistic and so far off from how it's supposed to be.
I am so glad you were able to marry your best friend and spend the time with him that you did...and I'm sure he will be with you in spirit.
You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Robin