Monday, April 7, 2008

Way too busy.

Man O Man O Man!!! We have been so busy around here. I don't have any pictures to show you or any adventures to tell you about. Just that I have been thinking about you all and wishing for some sunshine and free time to spend doing something fun. Besides baseball games , Taylor is being confirmed next week at church. That has kept us busy. And then there is the company. It has slowed down but we continue to have quite a few every day or so. Yesterday I fixed dinner for all my kids (that's just what we do on Sunday). Then we invited Stacy's inlaws. And then my brother and his wife and kids came. Then my nephew and his girlfriend and her cousin came. Then Jay's cousin from Eugene and his wife and two cute daughters dropped by. It was a house full but it was fun. Tonight it is just Mindy and Louis, Taylor and Casey and Cody and me. Kinda boring. I think I will go to bed and read a little bit.
First I wanted to tell you about something. As you know we have set up a memorial account in Jay's name. People have been sending donations in to it thru Washington Mutual. The money will be used for scholarships for kids both for academics and sports. Jay would have liked that. I was reading something last night that said: If you want happiness for an hour, take a nap. If you want happiness for a day, go fishing. If you want happiness for a year, inherit a fortune. If you want happiness for a lifetime, help a young person succeed. I know that is what made Jay happy.

3 comments:

Teresa Is Awesome! said...

I'm just the opposite right now. Empty nest! It sure is quiet and lonely. I miss having the boys at home. It was easy when Derek moved out because I still had Cody but without Cody its hard. Jug and I said we have to start liking each other again, ha ha. The house is clean, no laundry and Jug complains because he doesn't get a cooked meal unless someone is coming over. The one up side is that we can go places on the weekends. I'm glad your their for Cody and I hope he isn't bothering you too much. Missing everyone and love Teresa

*Little Miss Nye* said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
*Little Miss Nye* said...

Aww Pammy...This was the first time I've read your blogs. I didn't realize you kept one. I'm so glad Dani showed me it tho, cause now I get to enjoy Life Up at The Lambs too! You really have a gift, puting things into perspective, and presenting them in a very charming, but simple way. Thank you for letting me in! I love you guys!

-Christi aka 'Neh'

ps The lil package ya'll sent was Lovely! Beyond how much the pic DVD, the card and the time you took to send it, meant to me, I thoroughly enjoyed the smell of it! It smelt just like your house. Warm, comforting, cozy Love! Who would have thought you sould seal that kind of thing in an envelope and send it across the world? I guess it just goes to show the kind of love we all share, really has NO boundaries! ;)