Friday, October 17, 2008

Harvest time


With Christmas tree harvest just around the corner we are trying to be organized and ready. I got a phone call from one of our buyers a couple of days ago and he asked if we could have 6000 trees cut, bailed and loaded NEXT WEEK???? It's not even November yet!! He said they are going in a refridgerated container and shipped to Japan. After a minute of what felt like butterfly's jumping on a trampoline in my stomach, I said sure. That will be that many trees closer to being done, right? He hasn't called yet to confirm that yet but still I know it will all start very soon. One of my blogging friends, Sharon, said that she had been reading about David and Goliath. She said,"Be brave." So I read the story myself and it says: God will use the unique skills He's already placed in your hands. Just be yourself and use the familiar gifts and talents God has given you. He will work miracles through you. If we look at giant problems and impossible situations from God's perspective, we see more clearly and we can fight more effectively. Well, I am ready to start this harvest and with my kids and the awesome guys that work for us, I know that we can get it done. Bring it on.

2 comments:

Miss Mindy said...

I talk to alot of people everyday because of my job and everyone knows our family and cares about us...so they all have to ask, How are you guys doing? How's your Mom? I always say she's doing oook, just really busy! But really its like we all got in a wreak too. I think we all have broken hearts and brain damage for sure. And the only way "were doing ok" comes out is because God is there and he knows we will be ok.

I am glad we have such a awesome family! And I am glad you have such wonderful friends. I am glad the Rose of Sharon is your blogger friend too. She really knows how to make ya feel better.

Harvest time...It will be ok. If you need anything, Louis & I will be right there.

Teresa Is Awesome! said...

Japan! Wow! You have the courage and the brain power to succeed. Enjoy the harvest. Cody is willing and able to help!
Love Teresa