Sunday, January 18, 2009

Spending time with the boys

Last Friday night we went to an OSU gymnastics meet at Corvallis. We love watching our favorite talented and beautiful Jami Lanz. This is her senior year and we have enjoyed watching her for the last few years. She is amazing.











Friday night we invited Jill and her 5 children, Julie and her son, Stacy and her 3, Melissa and Mariah and her two friends and Kimberly. We are LANZ FANZ!!! Yeah Jamie!!



After the meet Jamie signed autographs for the kids. She is cool.







Then on Saturday morning me and the boys headed out on our adventure. I told you before that we didn't exchange "presents" for Christmas. Instead we will give "presence." Taylor and I drew Casey and Cody to share a day with. So Saturday we started out with sausage gravy and biscuits at my house. Then we were off to the town of Jewell to the elk wildlife refuge.










It was really nice to get out of the fog and see the sunshine for a change. Let me tell you, those boys never stop talking. They watch way too much television and movies.







I heard them quote word for word the whole transcript for Dumb and Dumber, The Three Amigo's, Talledaga Nights and Step Brother. I don't know if they ever used their own voices or thoughts the whole way there. Anyway when we got there the elk had been fed so they were just laying around in the sunshine.





The boys tried to bugle and cow call but the elk weren't impressed.











So off we went to our next destination: Camp 18 for lunch!!! If you have never been there you should put it on your list of really cool places to go.We went inside and were seated by the fireplace. We all had really good lunch. They feed you logger size portions. I had stew and cornbread. The cornbread was big enough for a small family.






The boys finished their lunch and then ordered dessert. (I told you they like to eat)






Taylors brownie ice cream sundae was HUGH! Casey had marion berry cobbler with ice cream and Cody had strawberry/rhubarb pie ala mode. They were extremely full so we walked around outside looking at all the cool logging stuff.






While they checked out all the equipment, I saw things like this cute porch and how cute these pullies looked all in a row.















They were more impressed with the size of the logs and the old equipment.






After that we drove to Seaside cuz I wanted to go to this awesome place called the Yankie Peddler. It has all kinds of antiques and needful things. But when we got there the sign on the door said closed till spring. DANG IT!!!

Oh well, the boys spotted a dumb sign in front of an antique/junk store on the way so we stopped on the way back and went to take a look.










This is the funny sign on the door.









It was a lot of junk so off we went to the Malibu race track in Beaverton.
































This is what they wanted to do the most. Drive race cars. I heard a lot of smack talkin going on about "shake and bake" and kickin your @#@#. It was gettin mighty cold outside so I took a few pictures and then waited inside.
















I thought they were never going to finish racing. Pretty soon I saw Cody's car quit out in the middle of the track and the guy talking to him. I think they weren't supposed to cut corners like that.


Then it was Taylor's car that stopped and he got a talkin to.

















Pretty soon I saw the guy tell them they were done. They weren't listening very well. You can't cut corners!!! Now go home!! So we loaded up and came home. I just can't take them anywhere:)

3 comments:

Rose of Sharon said...

What an awesome day! You all were so blessed with this great day together. I love that logging restaurant Camp 18, I want to go their with my boys. The race cars look fun!

Hugs, Sharon

Picket said...

What a great day that was...my Burly Boys are the same way..they will be talking to each other non stop using 'other' voices from movies they have seen and they will be laughing so hard and oh lordy whent hey do there 'Oh Brother Where Art Thou'!!!! Oh my word I almost pee my pants!! lol lol But I am so thankful that my kids even as grown adults have such a love for each other still & that my whole family is so close..

Thanks so much for coming by sweetie and for the sweet comment..please come back anytime..it was so nice to meet you and see that you also share such a love for family..take care girl and have a great day!

Teresa Is Awesome! said...

Cody had a blast. He loved the place you guys ate! he also said no one could top that trip.