Monday, December 22, 2008

That was yesterday, this is today!!



Yesterday I told you about the ice storm that went thru here. It was crazy. Then about 4:30 last night it started to snow. In no time there was about 2" of fresh snow on the ground. I needed 4 wheel drive to get up to my house at 7 pm. In the night it must have warmed up because it started raining and I heard it rain all night long. This morning when I looked outside the snow was all but gone.
THEN......at 7 am it started snowing ginormous flakes. It was really getting deep. I had to go into Salem and the roads were pretty bad. Most everyone had 4-wheel drive or tire chains on. It hasn't stopped snowing all day.
We measured it a little bit ago and it was over 9". THIS IS CRAZY! Needless to say, we will not be going anywhere for Christmas. This will be the first time in over 22 years that we have had Christmas at home. It will be really different. But this year every day is different. We will stay home, open gifts with the little guys, make a yummy dinner and watch a movie or two. Maybe we will make a snowman. I better go get some bird food. What do those little guys eat when it's all covered up?

1 comment:

Rose of Sharon said...

It sounds fun to just stay home. I am so glad that your grandkids will be with you. I pray that you have a beautiful, Christ centered Christmas and that God will hold your heart and give you His comfort and joy as you are so missing your husband.

Merry Christmas Pam!

Love, Sharon